Escape into Jana Mashonee’s world and relax and enjoy!
Merry Christmas everybody! Peace to the world!
AMERICAN INDIAN CHRISTMAS
American Indian Christmas
Jana Mashonee – Amazing Grace (Sung in Lumbee)
Jana Mashonee – Little Drummer Boy (San Juan Tewa Pueblo)
Also linked is another Jana Mashonee page we feature, American Indian Story. It presents 10 video songs from her album, each presenting stories about American Indians in her voice. Follow the instructions on the page to hear all of her songs.
AMERICAN INDIAN STORIES
American Indian Stories
Jana Mashonee – The Sacred Gifts of Mother Earth (American Indian Stories 1 of 10.)
Freedom and independence begin in America with the soaring of the Eagle, the Guardian of Liberty and Justice.
The Lebanese newspaper, The Daily Star will report in tomorrow’s newspaper, 1 June 2016, that new data shows slavery in the world is up 10 million people, from 35.8 to a new figure of 45.8 million.
The Daily Star, Lebanon
World Slavery Up Ten Million People
India, China and Pakistan are listed as the nations with the greatest slavemasters. Nearly 46 million people are enslaved in this world, folks. That is an awful lot of crime, an awful lot of evil. That’s 23.8 million people enslaved in just those three countries alone. Half of the world’s total slave population.
We must get aggressive against slavery. We cannot call ourselves a civilized world when nearly 50 million people are enslaved. This counting is most likely on the low side. It factors in known slave operations and estimates. But who sees the slaves that are shut into a private home’s basement and underground businesses, the sex slaves? Who counts the millions of slaves of Sharia Law in the land they call their archaic political ideology a religion when the millions of females of Islam are in virtual slavery?
The Global Slavery Index
Global Slavery Index
London & Perth, 31 May 2016 — An estimated 45.8 million men, women and children around the world are today trapped in modern slavery – 28% more than previously estimated. They are enslaved through human trafficking, forced labour, debt bondage, forced or servile marriage or commercial sexual exploitation. This is revealed in the 2016 Global Slavery Index, the flagship research report published today by the Walk Free Foundation. ~The Global Slavery Index
Protection For Women Against Violence Started The Anti-Movement
THE PUNJAB PROTECTION OF WOMEN AGAINST VIOLENCE ACT 2016 (Act XVI of 2016)
PROTECTION OF WOMEN AGAINST VIOLENCE ACT 2016
Over 40 Countries Have Anti-Women Laws
Pakistani Men Can AGAIN Lightly Beat Their Wives
Pakistan Poll Shows 70% of Pakistanis Say It Is NOT Alright for Husband To Beat His Wife
When The Minority Overrides The Majority
It is welcoming news that the majority of people in Pakistan are becoming civil.
Human Rights Commission of Pakistan
Human Rights Commission of Pakistan
Fortunately there are some people with humanity
After the Protection Against Violence Act of 2016 was passed in February of this year, I started to write a post commending The Human Rights Commission of Pakistan and others for their hard work in this vitally important human rights legislation in a nation that just today, claims to take third place in world slavery. I got side tracked pushing a deadline-late eBook toward publication. Todays news gives me a moment to combine the two related pieces of news from Pakistan. If the 2016 Act had remained untouched, it would have been a giant leap forward to human rights in the Middle Easts among Muslim households. There was still a long way to go, but this reversed before most of the world was aware it even existed. It is distraughting to see such an important piece of legislation be reversed and diluted by gang of archaic men who refuse to come into the civilization of the 21 Century. One has to wonder what the term “lightly” will hold and how many Pakistan women will feel the harsh end of a “light” beating?
The American Poolplayers Association (APA) finals saw its last event at the Riviera on 3 May 2015 held at the Top of the Riv, in the Penthouse. The APA has been holding their annual events at the Riviera for at least a decade and a half. Today at noon, the Riviera closed its doors for good. Future APA meets will be held at the Westgate (Formerly LVH and the Hilton, 3000 Paradise Road) which can be seen from Las Vegas Blvd or Riviera Blvd which runs along the north side of the Riv.
Riviera Closing, 4 May 2015 at high noon… One of the last Old-Vegas Strip casinos remaining, I can think of only two others Strip properties left, Tropicana which has been sold or is in the process of being sold, and is probably lined up for implosion as well, and the Flamingo, the third casino to open on the Strip and the oldest surviving casino today. Mafia money-spender, Bugsy Siegel in 1945, after acquiring the El Cortez, took control of the Flamingo, opening it the day after Christmas in 1946. There is plenty of history and writing on Siegel and his death, and only one needs just to take to research for their answers.
The Sunday, a Las Vegas Greenspun (Las Vegas Sun) publication reports the Riviera as being “the oldest operation casino on the Strip.” I don’t think so. Bugsy Siegel’s Flamingo is a decade older. But they are the last of the Old-Vegas casinos in operation, the Tropicana on the Strip and the El Cortez downtown are also among the last.
The Riviera is expected to be imploded sometime this summer, conflicting reports claim June to August. They are killing Vegas, but then, who are we to complain about how “They” spend their money?
60 Years of Las Vegas history comes to an end at high noon tomorrow.
The American Poolplayers Association (APA) finals saw its last event at the Riviera on 3 May 2015 held at the Top of the Riv, in the Penhouse. The APA has been holding their annual events at the Riviera for at least a decade and a half. Today at noon, the Riviera closed its doors for good. Future APA meets will be held at the Westgate (Formerly LVH and the Hilton, 3000 Paradise Road) which can be seen from Las Vegas Blvd or Riviera Blvd which runs along the north side of the Riv.
Riviera closing today, 4 May 2015 at high noon.
Ironically, after the Riviera closing, two of the last three surviving Old-Vegas casinos outside the Fremont Street Experience, The El Cortez and the Flamingo, were slain mafia kingpin Bugsy Siegel’s innovations. Dozens of newer casinos have fallen to implosion.
After 27 years Crazy Girls comes to an end and goes dark permanently. Crazy Girls Topless Showgirl Revue was one of the leading adult attractions on the Strip for nearly three decades. Featuring some of the most studding showgirls in Vegas history with beauty, music, dance and comedy, their show goes on no more as the curtains to the Riviera close with its doors for the final time.
The Riviera was the main filming location (of 33) for the mob film “Casino” starring Robert De Niro, Sharon Stone and Joe Pesci based on the true Las Vegas story involving now imploded Stardust Hotel and Casino (which was still standing and in operation at the time of the movie’s filming and was located directly across the street from the Riviera. In the movie, the Stardust was portrayed as the teamster-funded Tangiers Casino.) and mafia life of Frank “Lefty” Rosenthal, his wife Geri McGee and mob enforcer Tony “The Ant” Spilotro.
Reducing Your Vulnerability of Lone Wolf Attacks, Government & Citizens
- At all cost avoid any public meeting with any member of police or military subjects–or any government personnel–and hold any necessary meeting with such government personnel on protected government property. Refuse any meeting suggested by any government personnel off protected property. Your life depends on this. Police and military officials must forbid their members of any public or private meetings with citizens off armed and secured government property except for their own family members, and during their own social activities such as church attendance, but they must ALWAYS be cautious and suspect of an attack. The breaking of this code by any members must lead to the immediate removal of such member from the force in order to protect the public and innocent people. Unions must be barred from any counter activities and if they refuse to cooperate then unions must be banned in the interest and safety of the public.
- Be keenly aware of your surroundings and reduce text messaging and cell phone, headphones or earplug usage and any distractions, of your complete attention. In most cases suspected lone wolf strikes, in the seconds before the attack, hostile and aggressive movement and behavior is clearly seen and detected and could be countered by loud voices, alarms and warnings by witnesses and personnel paying attention. Such alarm will reduce injuries and fatalities by having the attacked victims aware of the impending attack. In the case of armed police officers in groups some of them may be able to get off a shot and end the attack.
- Ban all gun restrictions on any property for any reason since concealed guns by lawful owners are the most effective deterrent in immediately halting violent attacks by lone wolves and violent criminals. If a conceal weapons permit is carried by an individual his or her firearm shall be allowed anywhere in the United States, including upon government property and may not be seized, checked or removed. Case after case has demonstrated it was in fact these armed lawful citizens who save the day and shot the perpetrator and prevented him from continued carnage.
- The FBI, The United States Justice Department, the administration and the media must immediately declare the Ft. Hood carnage and the recent Oklahoma beheading terrorist attacks and recall the foolish and ignorant “workplace violent” status. All crimes involving Islamic members must be declared terrorist attacks and be sentence to death for crimes involving murder. No special favors to any religious recognition to any prisoner who is charged with terrorist acts. Full head shaving and face shaving must be carried out and removal of any counter group such as the American Civil Liberties Union from practicing law or radicalizing American government with a full nationwide ban. No material may be received by any terrorist prisoner or communication outside the prison cell of any kind.
- Increase education, suggesting some of the above solutions, to make both government personnel and citizenship better prepared for impending lone wolf strikes. Share such education and accumulated knowledge with other nations, Western and Eastern, to reduce human casualties at home and abroad.
- Understand that lone wolf terrorists are almost always angry at government and will use their terror as an excuse to justify their vengeance against government in one manner or another, even if something else triggers the episode, such as a sudden lost of job, (false workplace violence) sudden divorce or separation or threats thereof, any kind of rejection, any sudden loss that upsets the terrors in sending them over the deep end and causing them to “snap” and/or mental illness and prolonged exposure to radical groups, meetings and association, literature, propaganda, speeches, live or audio recording, websites and other methods of mind influence.
- Law enforcement needs to monitor–through court ordered warrants–not only comments and communication to such radical sites but the hits or attendance of such. If a website is known to be Islamic extreme and radical, hate filled and crime educing, soliciting then those visiting such sites need to be tracked and monitored. Such sites must eventually be shut down with the administrators, executives and operating employees and participants taken into custody for inciting terrorism.
- In public places never sit facing a wall, always have your back to the wall. Sometimes your sixth sense and intuition will be your best friend.
- We must meet the brutal force of terrorism with an even more brutal force if we expect to stop it, otherwise terrorism will grown and we will all be prisoners of the terrorists. A terrorist most powerful weapon is the emotion of fear. We need to make them fear and we can only do that by surrendering our need for humane and civil justice and deliver a response to the terrorist far more terrorizing than their own. We cannot stop terrorism otherwise. Our dreams would only result in nightmares.